150 years and still strong!
2017 Meeting Minutes
2016 Meeting Minutes
January – No Meeting
June – No Meeting
What does the Planning Commission do?
It shall be the function and duty of the planning commission to make and adopt a master plan for the physical development of the village, including any areas outside its boundaries which, in the commission’s judgment, bear relation to the planning of the village.
Such plan, with the accompanying maps, plats, charts and descriptive matter, shall show the commission’s recommendations for the development of such territory, including the following, among other things:
1) the general location, character and extent of streets, viaducts, subways, bridges, waterways, floodplains, waterfronts, boulevards, parkways, playgrounds and open spaces;
2) the general location of public buildings and other public property;
3) the general location and extent of public utilities and terminals, (whether publicly or privately owned or operated) for water, light, sanitation, transportation, communication, power, and other purposes;
4) the removal, relocation, widening, narrowing, vacation, abandonment, change of use or extension of any of such ways, grounds, open spaces, buildings, property, utilities or terminals;
5) the general location character, layout and extent of community centers and neighborhood units;
6) the general character, extent and layout of the replanning and redevelopment of blighted districts and slum areas; and
7) the zoning plan for the control of the height, area, bulk, location and use of buildings and premises.
The commission may from time to time amend, extend or add to the plan.